Followers

Monday 12 November 2012

Pumpkin pie



Getting close to the end now, day 11 brought this challenge: “Candy Corn or Carmel Apples?  Use either one of these color combos: Orange, Yellow and white or Carmel and Lime Green only... black is allowed as a base”.

How could I go past Pumpkin Judy for this challenge?






Copic colours I used were:
Hair Y21, E53, E55
Skin E00, E02, E11, E13 (E95 cheeks)
Eyes E35, E53, E55, E57
Mouth R24, R59
Dress, hat and shoes YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07
Top, pumpkin stalk, socks and eye shadow G02, G05, G07

So I kinda cheated on this challenge too, and I don’t mean the tag outline that has scanned looking red, it really is orange.  I mean I combined the two colour combinations as that gave me the effect I was looking for.

To match Pumpkin Judy I cut the circle backgrounds with a Nestie and arranged them off-centre to focus the eye to the sentiment sticker, which matched the challenge them perfectly.  Pumpkin Judy also looks a bit cheeky and definitely like someone who loves candy.  A few 3D Zots to adhere Judy and some Ranger Enamel accents to put some shine on her shoes and the tag was done.  Which was good because colouring up Judy took a fair amount of time but it was well worth it, I’ really pleased with how she turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. you have done Fantastic, I have been browsing through your blog and you do amazing work... oh I wish you would have entered more of these into the Challenges at Simply Challenged Challenges...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: