Followers

Saturday 15 December 2012

FANciful illusions



The current challenge over at the Simply Challenged Challenges blog is to create movement.  There’s also a new line of Bettys out celebrating all that is burlesque so I just had to colour up one of them for this challenge.

Here she is, Betty Feathers.





Copic colours I used were:
Hair YR14, YR20, E23, E27, E29
Skin E000, E00, E11, E13 E93 (cheeks), R22, R24, R29(lips)
Eyes E23, E27, E30
Eye shadow B00, B02, B05
Fans and Shoes R22, R24, R29, R46, R59, R89

So the trick with creating movement is to have more than one image and get progressively lighter as you colour.  Go check out Ruby Montes’ blog to see how this should be done properly.

Me, I had to make it harder and add some decoupage in there, although I kinda messed up.  I was looking at Feathers done up and couldn’t figure why she looked a bit flat until I was tidying up my tools and saw my embossing tools.  I forgot to round her out before I glued her together and by the time I realized I’d also put her into the frame so there was no going back!  I also used red for the feathers, the part I wanted to make look like it was moving, and red and colourless blender is about the hardest combination.

Being a burlesque dancer Feathers needed a spotlight so I inked the background in yellow and she needed a suitable glitzy stage so cue the shadowbox card.  Check out the post at Corinne’s blog for directions and to see an awesome shadowbox card or two. 

The paper I used for the frame is from Magnolia, it seemed fitting with all the French writing.  The sparkly trim is from a recent Blitsy sale while the roses are from my stash.  I used some Smooch Spritz on them to add some sparkle and make them all a similar colour as I didn’t have matching ones in the two sizes.  I had to brave the Christmas shoppers today and head to the craft store to buy the feathers as I didn’t have any.

Next time I try the movement technique I think I stick to 2D but I like how she turned out, mistakes and all.  I’ve finished this in time so I’m going to enter this in the Simply Challenged Challenges’ challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Super Job, so beautiful... Thanks for joining in our Challenge at SCC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a most amazing job..wow your work is always a treat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colouring is beautiful and the magnolia paper is perfect. I think your movement idea is fabulous. Thanks for taking part xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant adding movement to the fan! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: