Followers

Saturday 17 August 2013

…But I Drifted

Today’s card features the beautiful Snow White from the Steampunk Fairy Tales and Myths collection at Simply B Stamps.


To make up my card I followed the sketch over at Mojo Monday, I just changed it up a bit by making this into an easel card.  I used a burlap flower to replace the circle element in the sketch and fussy cut around the image before adhering it to the burlap flower.

The current theme at Through the Purple Haze’s challenge is butterflies and flowers but I didn’t want this card to be too girly as it’s going to a not very girly friend of mine.  So I’ve gone for more of my favourite metal embellies and darker colours in my ribbon choices.  Butterflies are also the current theme at Stampin’ for the Weekend so I’m also going to enter it into their challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (Cheeks E11)
Eyes E57
Lips R37, R46, R59
Dress B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Border E50, E43, E53, E57
Trees YG63, G94, G99
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities Opulent Ovals
Embellishments
Canvas Corp Burlap Flower
Fab Scraps Filigree Embellishments – Old Brass
Webster’s Pages Designer Trim – Trendsetter
Papers
Stamps
Challenges


Oh, and in case you’re wondering, the title of my post refers to Mae West’s comment how she used to be Snow White but she drifted.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, love all the different embellishments and how you have used the fabric pieces.

    Good luck and thanks for entering the challenge this week.
    Lisa
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Emily! You have taken butterflies and flowers and made them into a wonderful not-so-girly card! I love what you did. Thanks for entering the Through the Purple Haze Challenges! I look forward to your entry every week!!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness its just beautiful in every way...thanks for joining us again.....

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning gorgeous colours and embellishments
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lovely card. Love the metal embellishments and the not-so-girly look!
    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges this week!
    Eithne DT
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: