Followers

Tuesday 4 February 2014

On the prowl and hungry too


I don’t watch any kind of sports but apparently there’s some big football game in the US coming up so Betty decided to draw an image to celebrate, Super Bowl Betty.


A friend of mine is a huge Americanophile and follows the Jacksonville Jaguars and their uniform colour combination, teal, gold and black, is really striking so I decided to use those colours.  So with my three colours I am entering this in the current challenge at Fairy Tale Challenges.

My card follows the current sketch over at Deconstructed Sketch.  The round element worked well for a football and banner was perfect for framing the sentiment and the football theme.

Like I said, I don’t watch sports but I know that the Super Bowl is a huge event in the US and people celebrate with parties and things.  The sentiment that comes with Super Bowl Betty also works for other celebrations, even here in Australia we have people use “touchdown!” to denote success so I’ll save this card for when I need one to congratulate someone on an achievement.  Given the celebratory nature of the theme I am also entering this card in the current challenge at Jo’s Scrap Shack.


Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E23, Y28, 0
Lips R29, R46, R59
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG02, BG05, BG07, N0, N1
Hamburgers E30, E31, E33, E44, E47, E49
Ball E11, E13, E17
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders – Nested Pennants
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Black Soot, Broken China & Wild Honey
Papers
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME job, LOVE the colors and that paper is awesome with her
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine tolle Karte. Alles passt toll zusammen.Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. LG Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, I love, love this card! Your color combos are terrific as are the papers. I love your image and sentiment and love the way you have colored this football girl! Yes, Super Bowl is a big deal in the US, but I only watch for the funny commercials and my guys watch for the football and commercials. lol But no parties are this house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, forgot to say thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card!

    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge!

    Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made such a lovely card in so pritty colors. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: