Followers

Saturday 5 April 2014

A lovely soft brown gloria with all the gloss of silk…



So my favourite artist, Betty, was feeling sketchy and she did up this awesome image, Princess Anna, a bit of fan art but when I saw it I immediately thought of Anne with an ‘e’ from Anne of Green Gables so that’s how I coloured her up.


That’s the great thing about images you really can see anything in them.  I do love how she has turned out.  I teamed her with some paper I’ve had for ages from Close to my Heart from the appropriately named Avonlea collection, the lovely grey-greens and blues went really well with Anne’s red hair and her lovely brown dress.  So, OK, it is missing the requisite puff sleeves but is mightily pretty anyway.  To this day I don’t know why they changed it to a light blue dress in the movie, looks so much better in glorious brown.

The sketch follows the current one at Outlawz.  I had the perfect embellie for the diamond element but unfortunately I only had one so I had to settle for these instead.  They started out silver but I wanted them a deep copper tone, like the one I really wanted to use, so I coloured them with my Krylon Leafing Pen and then darkened them up with some Distress Ink.

Now as I’ve coloured up an image I’m entering this in the current challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.  I’ve also got patterned paper, two kinds, so am also entering this at Fan-Tastic Tuesday in their current challenge.

As this image is fan art it cannot be sold but Betty was giving it away free with a $10 purchase at Simply B Stamps.  Be sure to join the SBS blog or the fan page to keep up to date with new releases and awesome freebies like this.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eye G21, G94, 0
Lips R00, R02, R05
Hair E08, E11, E18, E95, YR14
Dress E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Embellishments
FabScraps ~ Filigree Embellishment
Prima Say it in Crystals & Fimo ~ Meadow Lark
Inks & Paints etc
Krylon Leafing Pen ~ Copper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Bundled Sage, Gathered Twigs, Pine Needles & Walnut Stain
Wink of Stella ~ Gold
Papers
Close to my Heart ~ Avonlea
We R Memory Keepers Black Widow ~ Dirt
Ribbons & Trims etc
Embroidered Ribbon from stash
Stamps
Simply B Stamps ~ Anna
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw.....and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tiuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the way you have colored your image. Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: