Followers

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Two blossoms on a single branch



This is my first post as an official DT at the Outlawz Sketch challenge, yes, my month guesting has rolled on to a permanent DT spot, whoop, whoop!  My card today features a beautiful image from Whimsy Stamps, Pregnant Woman.


And here’s this week’s sketch.


So I like to enter challenges for, well, the challenge, so before I made up my card I moseyed on over to the Whimsy Stamps’ blog to check out their current challenge, which happened to be tic tac toe.  Now I love a tic tac toe challenge as it gives you three elements to work with and I really needed that lace element on this card as I went and forgot the square behind the circle.  I improvised corners with some pieces of lace, which made a nice frame for my flowers.  I moved those closer as my stencil and die cut view finders were smaller than the circle element in the sketch and smaller than I thought but I really wanted to use my new Lovely View die and the stencil view finder was a serendipitous find in my stash.

It’s a bit hard to see the stencilled view finder and I think I should have used the actual die as the stencil one doesn’t quite line up with the die cut one.  I do like the effect though of the shadow behind, I used embossing paste in black but softened it up with some Aged Silver Fran-tage.  As this card also features a stencil I’m entering it in the current challenge at Quirky Crafts.

With my lovely Prima flowers I am also entering my card at Creative Corner’s current challenge.

So if you love a challenge too and need some inspiration with your layout won’t you come play with us at Outlawz, we’d love to see what you create.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E31, E33, E37 (R20 cheeks)
Lips E11
Hair T4, T6, T8, 100
Dress G03, G05, G09, G17
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Aged Silver
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
The Crafters Workshop Balzer Bits ~ View Master
Embellishments
Prima Jardine ~ Printery Flowers
Prima Stationer’s Desk ~ Typewrite Flowers
Prima Rosarian ~ Timido Flowers
Inks & Paints etc
Studio 490 Embossing Paste ~ Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Seedless Preserves
Papers
American Crafts Cardstock ~ White
Echo Park Little Girl ~ Grape
Ribbons & Trims etc
Lace from stash
Stamps
Challenges

Whimsy Stamps #72 ~ Tic Tac Toe (lace, die cut, flowers)


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, sweet image and wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colourng lovethe splashes of paint, great stenciling too! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts challenge this time round!! Hope to see you again soon!
    ((Lyn)) Quirky DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: