Followers

Sunday 15 February 2015

Happy Birthday Lisa!



Today is a very special day, it’s the birthday of one of my awesome teamies, Lisa, and I’ve made a calendar and notepad holder for her featuring her special birthday image from Betty.


And a shot of the card closed.


These little calendars were featured on the Noor Design blog with a tut by Clarissa and I knew I wanted to make one as soon as I saw them but had to wait for something special.  And what could be more special than the birthday of a wonderful person?

I haven’t Steampunked in a while and it was fun to get out my metal embellies.  There aren’t too many layers on this project, on account of how it has to fold down, but there are still lots of elements.  As You Like It are asking what your favourite style is, so I guess from this you’d say my favourite style is fussy and I guess it is.  Don’t get me wrong, I do like a CAS card and when the image calls for it I’ll go CAS but I think I like my layers and my embellies too much to ever go completely CAS.

To soften up my metal embellies I added in some small flowers, another favourite of mine.  With my flowers I’m entering this over at the current challenge at Through the Purple Haze.  Flowers are also the theme at Creative Knockouts so I’m also entering my card there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG32, BG49, 0
Lips R24, R46, R59
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit N0, N1, N2, R22, R35, R46, R59, W6, W8, W10, 0, 100
Cake E44, E47, E49, G24, G40, G43
Gears & Clock E40, E41, E42, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Deckled Rectangles
Embellishments
Francheville ~ Hinge Clips
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Mini Gears & Sprocket Gears
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Tea Dye
Papers
BoBunny Weekend Market ~ Rulers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Licorice
Ribbons & Trims etc
Lace from stash
Stamps
Simply B Stamps ~ Lisa Steampunk Birthday
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emily...........what a wonderful project...really lovely

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is stunning, what a truly wonderful gift.... I'm sure she'll be elated...

    Andrea TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolute corker of a present for your teamie! I really would be chuffed to bits to receive this. Great image. Thank you for entering the TTPH Challenge this time, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely project! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: