Followers

Saturday 12 December 2015

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf



I’ve made only one Christmas card with a hand coloured image this year and I’ve used No Peeking from Kraftin’ Kimmie for it.


This card is for a crafty friend who I know will appreciate the extra effort, I’ve even personalised it with the message I foiled on the card.  Although I’m thinking a less fancy font would have been easier to read!  As this is going out to a special person I am entering it in the current challenge at Moving Along with the Times.

To make up my card I have followed the current sketch at Cheerful Sketches.  I love using layers and have made mine up with the papers that came in the No Peeking Kardmaking Kit from Kraftin’ Kimmie with the stamp.  I just swapped out the cream card base from the kit for black and also double matted my designer paper elements using cardstock from the kit and more black.  The sketch had no embellies but I added an extra Christmas touch with some holly and berry and used a fancy circle die for some added interest.

Over at Colouring in Scrapland they are looking for Christmas projects so I am entering this card in the challenge.  Loved colouring up this adorable image although I did trim off the added bits of the table and wrapping paper etc as it didn’t fit the sketch design.  I also went with green for Santa’s shirt instead of red as the colour combo I used is my friend’s all time fav.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG07, BG09, 0
Mouth R00, R01, R02, R05
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, N0, N1, N2, N4
Outfit G20, G24, G94, G99, R27, R29, R59, R89, YG17, YG21, YG23, YG25
Gift B02, B04, B06, C00
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ S4-420 Majestic Circles & S4-116 Standard Circles
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Pearls ~ Green
Prima Flowers ~ A Victorian Christmas (leaves sprayed with Frayed Burlap Distress Stain & Emerald Sprinkle Smooth Spritz)
Inks & Paints etc
Marvy ~ Snow Marker
Papers
Assorted Designer Papers from Kraftin’ Kimmie No Peeking Kardmaking Kit
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Palo Verde
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Classic Red & Raven
Stamps
Challenges
Colouring in Scrapland #6 ~ Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. This looks fab, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring of that super Santa image and a gorgeous card created. I'm sure the extra effort will be much appreciated by your crafty buddy. Great entry over at MAWTT, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic card!
    Love the colors you've used.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic card and i totally love kraftin kimmie! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at the cheerful sketches challenge blog.

    Greetz,
    Marieke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is Stunning, i love This image and the way you have coloured it, thanks for join us at colouring in scrapland, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs, beatriz dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow nice card. Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches. goodluck!!
    Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card with great coloring and lovely details!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: