Followers

Sunday 9 October 2016

J’ai plus de souvenirs que si j’avais mille ans

Finished another Hallowe’en card, this one features Vampire Queen, another sadly retired stamp from Kraftin’ Kimmie.


I’ve taken up the challenge from Inkspirational to use five stamps on my card.  One is my image; I’ve then added a second and third by stamping the bat twice again on acetate, heat embossing it and then colouring it with a Tim Holtz Distress Crayon.  My fourth is the sentiment, another Kraftin’ Kimmie stamp but from another Hallowe’en set, stamping and heat embossing on acetate isn’t so easy so the sentiment is a bit hard to read.  I like to think it is ‘distressed’ like it’s been carved in stone and worn over time, suitably fitting for a vampire themed card.  My fifth and final stamp is the web and Spider from IndigoBlu.  I’ve also heat embossed this, unfortunately I used a clear embossing powder (I’d never used it before and it seemed to be white!) so I then went in with some Molotow Paint Markers to be able to see the actual stamping.

The heat embossing of my background images was inspired by the current challenge at CAS on Sunday.  The CAS layout of the card follows the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I wanted some added interest hence the acetate panel, I was going to do it as a shaker but then realised that would make the embossed web and sentiment hard to see.  I did the background of the panel in Distress Inks and colours in keeping with a dark night, just the time when vampires like to venture out.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B01
Eye shadow BV20, BV23, BV25
Lips R59, R89
Hair B01, BV23, BV25, BV29
Wings C4, C6, C8, C10
Outfit BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29, R24, R35, R37, R59, R89
Crown & Skulls Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Bat C4, C6, C8, C10
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder Antiquities ~ Frosted Crystal
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Stamps
Kraftin’ Kimmie ~ My Best Friends are Witches sentiment (retired) & Vampire Queen (retired)
Challenges
Inspirational #119 ~ Designer’s Choice: Use Five Stamps



Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Aamazing colouring and fab design. Thanks for joining AAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's stunning! So sad she's discontinued! Love the colours you've used for this very dramatic Halloween card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the perfect Halloween card...puts me in the mood for Halloween. Your design is just spectacular! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning project! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a great Halloween card love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Halloween card is AH-MAZING! The Vampire Queen is outstanding, as is the spidery panel! Thrilled that you shared this spook-tacular creation in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: