Followers

Saturday, 7 January 2017

The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough


I have a special card to share today made for the wedding of a good friend and featuring a lovely image from All Dressed Up called To Have and To Hold.

It is really hard to take a pic of metallics, the butterflies are foiled in silver with pearl centres and the lilac is matted on silver metallic card.

Now you can’t see the image yet, you have to open the card for that but isn’t the die on the front lovely?  The card design is a Silhouette cut file from Nicole’s Stamp Addiction, she’s got some lovely ones definitely worth checking out.

Over at the new challenge blog Do-Al(l) Creative they are looking for any projects featuring something new.  His wedding marks the start of a new phase in the life of my friend so I am entering my card there.

So this is the inside of the card it is a pretty double frame with a door on one side.

Those funny coloured bits on the left that look out of place are the gift cards I placed inside (took the photo after I closed it all up and was too afraid to open it up again!) along with my handwritten sentiment.  I am a huge Elizabeth Barrett Browning fan so had to go with one of her lovely sonnets for the front of the door.

And on the right is the gorgeous image from All Dressed Up.  To tie in with the front I placed the couple in front of another die cut of the Butterfly Heart, the foiling carries through the whole card also.  Unfortunately my word dies are limited so had to go with ‘congrats’ cut in half, kicking myself I didn’t foil a sentiment before gluing the layer down.

Now over at Bastel-traum their current theme is watercolour so I decided to do that for the image.  I’m not that experienced with the Reinkers and watercolouring but I do like the softer look of it and a reasonably happy with the results here.  Think I fluffed the groom’s hair but, as it was black, I did it last and I wasn’t starting again.  I added in some Twinkling H2Os as well, some Oyster for the bride’s outfit to give it a subtle white and lovely sparkle and some Pewter on the groom’s lapels.  I went with a soft lilac for the trims to tie in with the card, which I did up yesterday (lovely way to spend my last day of leave) and went to the wedding today.  I wasn’t too far off on the colour, bridesmaids were in dark purple.

Over at Watercooler Wednesday they are looking for celebratory projects, which a wedding card surely is so I am also linking my card up there.
Ingredients:
Distress Inks
Skin Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo (Spun Sugar cheeks)
Lips Worn Lipstick
Hair Black Soot & Ground Espresso
Outfit Hickory Smoke Milled Lavender
Roses Mowed Lawn & Spun Sugar
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Memory Box Die ~ 98778 Butterfly Heart
Embellishments
Close To My Heart ~ Bitty Pearls
Kaisercraft Pearls ~ Snow
Inks & Paints etc
Twinkling H2Os ~ Oyster & Pewter
Papers
Bazzill Wedding Whites ~ Satin
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Collection Kraft-Core Metallic ~ Silver
Lexel Papers Metallic ~ Lilac
Ribbons & Trims etc
White Satin Ribbon from stash coloured with V20 Various Ink
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous project and love the colours and whole concept of this creation. Thanks so much for sharing at our current challenge
    DT member for do-all Kreatives {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. what an amazing card! I'm realy speachless! I love the butterflies like a heart - that's an awesome idea! Very very pretty creation!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten
    *DT* The Sketchy Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project. Just love the butterflies and your colouration.
    Thanks for playing along with our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck!

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a part of our Hop! Good luck in the draw.
      Hugs Alex

      Delete
  4. Emily I have to say this wedding "celebration" card is simply stunning. The bride and groom will be delighted to receive it. The sonnet is a perfect touch and one that makes the day even more special. Thanks so much for entering your beautiful card in our Watercooler Wednesday challenge this week. It's a delight having you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, I love the inside and the embellished heart is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do-Al(l) Creative and our blog hop. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Do-Al(l) Kreative challenge 1, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks just beautiful and we agree our Deco Foil is very hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Emily! Thanks for joining us to celebrate our 100th challenge at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I'm sure the happy couple will treasure it always! Thanks so much for playing in our Do Al(l) Creative Challenge and Good Luck! I hope you’ll join us again for next month’s challenge.

    Darlene
    Do Al(l) Creative DT
    DO AL(L) CREATIVE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ich bin begeistert! Das ist ein wunderschönes Werk und ich mag die vielen liebevollen Details, die du hier zeigst. Danke, dass du bei Do Al(l) Kreatives mitmachst
    Liebe Grüße - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so wonderful
    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. What for a wonderful card you made. Thanks for joining in bastel-traum blog. Hugs Ute (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dein Werk ist großartig geworden und ich danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei D-AK.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us at Do-Al(l) Kreative challenge 1. Good luck. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: