Followers

Thursday 13 July 2017

Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree



Sharing a CAS Christmas card I’ve made featuring Christmas Ornaments dies from Joy! Crafts and stamps from a pair of Stampin’ Up! sets.


The layout of my card follows the sketch at Christmas Card Throwdown.  I’ve used ornament die cuts for the three star elements and added in some hangers from the Embellished Ornaments set from Stampin’ Up!.

Rather than placing the sentiment on a banner I’ve inverted the V shape with a holly and berry stamp from another Stampin’ Up! set, Hang Your Stocking.  The sentiment is from the same set, which I embossed in gold to match the gold embossing on the ornaments.

Over at ABC Christmas they are looking for old or new items on your project.  My stamps are new; both sets got inked for the first time on this card and arrived in my Stampin’ Up! order from last month.  The dies are old; they’ve been in my stash for a couple of years.

I’m also entering my card in the current ‘Christmas in July’ challenge at My Time to Craft.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Wow! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Pale Regular
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Joy! Crafts Dies ~ 6002/2030 Christmas Ornaments
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Emerald Envy & Real Red
Tsukineko Ink Pad ~VersaMark
Papers
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Garden Green
Stamps
Stampin’ Up! ~ Embellished Ornaments (retired) & Hang Your Stocking
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card
    Thanks for sharing at My Time To Craft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty ornaments and a simple classic colour scheme.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Gorgeous CAS card. Such pretty ornaments.
    Thank you so much for joining us over at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: